Monday, July 12, 2010

It's his birthday again.

And as I reflect on this day three years ago, and the many days since, I can't help but be reminded that if I'd carried Elijah to term, if he'd been born healthy, I'd never have Talya, and I may not have Charlie either. It doesn't make July 12 2007 suck any less, but it does remind me:

God's plans are almost always filled with moments of heartache, suffering, and tearful surrender but carry the promise of an eternity of delight.


My life is filled with His gracious gifts, but they are only a taste of what is waiting for me on the other side.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such a God-honoring attitude Susie. I love you! -beck

Anonymous said...

I think it's amazing that you honor, remember and verbalize your thoughts for little Elijah!

Abby said...

Beautiful thoughts, Sus. Thinking of you and Ben, and your sweet Elijah.

Angelina said...

Hi Susie,
I worked at camp with Mr. Ben and I was Miss Angie. Just to introduce myself. I finished reading a book this weekend that was soooo good and thought it may be something you would like to read. Its by Angie Smith, and its called "I will carry you". Even with not being a mom I found it to be an amazing book.

Allie said...

i read your story and so much of it reminded me of my friends' loss/joy. they also lost their 2nd... delivered at 24 weeks, and lived a very difficult life for 7 mos. 364 days after he passed away they gave birth to their 3rd child. the two days being back to back are so bittersweet for them as well, and forever tied together. Happy Birthday Elijah!

Stephanie N. said...

Susie, I didn't know. And now I'm so glad I do. Praise the Lord, indeed, for Elijah. And praise the Lord for you, because you always draws me closer to Him. Rejoicing and weeping with you, Stephanie

Susie said...

Miss Angie, it's nice to "meet you!" Thanks for the tip on the book :)