Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fireproof

Ok, so there is a lot to get over if you decide to see this movie. For one, Kirk Cameron. Second, there will be no Oscars for acting. A few uncomfortably cheesy intense moments. But, it helped me to learn that all the actors were unpaid volunteers. (That's what I'm told anyway.)
Fireproof was actually a good movie. It's a Christian movie, with a clear gospel message, and that seems weird because you're not used to seeing that in theaters. I'd say Fireproof is like a Christian take on "The Break-up." How we should handle a failing marriage.
Most people will probably find its premise unrealistic - love isn't based on feelings, act lovingly even when you don't feel the love, always do more that what you have to do to get by. But, I guess that's real Biblical love - completely unrealistic, and always the answer?
I recommend it - let me know what you think.

No comments: