Monday, April 7, 2008

Bye-Bye Beebes

We had a great weekend with my family. Mom, Dad, and the boys came in so the guys could all go to Chicago for a pre-weddings guys' weekend and Mom could hang out with me and Simon. It was so weird - I went to get everyone at the airport, and as we all stood around, it hit me that it was the original 6 - Mom, Dad, Susie, Scotty, Johnny and Marky. I don't think we've been together in that state for over 7 years! Of course, the "extras" that have been added to our family - Ben, Sy, Barb, Christina, and Stef (along with Elijah and Talya) have remade our family into something even better, so I missed them in that moment. But, it was such a picture of how we started and how far God has brought us in his faithfulness.

Mom and I took Sy to the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery and had a great time. We also tackled wedding dress shopping. I was pleased to find that I can probably fit into a large size of Stef's bridesmaid dresses, even though I will be 9 months pregnant! As far as Mom's goes.... here's a question to be answered by anyone with an opinion: If the bridesmaids are wearing black and white and the mother of the bride is wearing black, what should the mother of the groom wear? We're stumped!

Well, we miss you Beebe family, but we can't complain - we'll see you again in like 4 days!

No comments: