Sunday, June 13, 2010

Aftermath

Oh how I love my kids. All of them, all of the time, even though sometimes I mutter inappropriate words because, I swear, they are always trying to trip me and make me fall down when I'm emptying the dishwasher.

Anyway, I am now the proud mama of a 4 1/2 year old, a two year old, and a one year old. And I couldn't be more exhausted. (That's not true, I could be, let's all remember this.) But, the combination of three kids, 90 degree weather, two birthdays, 3 cakes, 30 cupcakes, and one giant birthday party has left me beyond pooped. (Which, I've had to explain to Simon on multiple occasions does not mean that I've actually pooped.)

My goals for the Epic Week of Birthdays were as follows:

  • make each ACTUAL birthday special for respective birthday kid, regardless of whether or not they would have a clue as to what was going on.
  • have enough food and beverage at the party.
  • make cute (not perfect) cakes.
My first goal was pretty much met, I guess. We celebrated Charlie on Thursday with birthday pancakes, a trip to the farm, and the requisite clown cake. We celebrated Talya today with our first-ever trip to King's Island, a butterfly cake, and presents. 

Goal 2 was half-way met, although I had to send my brother to the store for more punch ingredients. I forgot to take into account the miserable, thirst-inducing heat.

Goal 3 was fun. We had cute cakes, that were definitely not perfect, but I didn't care, and obviously the guests didn't either. My barn cake was leaning over, but it never fell. The cupcakes were pretty adorable if I do say so myself, and Charlie had his first taste of sugar and will be forever changed.

Here is our weekend in pictures. They're pretty sorry pictures, but for real, this party was little-kid insanity. Jumping, screaming, tackling, squealing insanity. My house is just starting to get back to order.




Happy Birthday to my two youngest adorable kids. I am so thankful for both of them, and get emotional with gratitude that Charlie's first birthday was spent with his family.

Oh, and PS: in the midst of it all, we went swimming at our new pool we have access to, and Talya puked in the pool. That was a fun highlight of the weekend.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I cannot imagine TWO birthdays in one week. Super mom! And super cute kiddos (and cakes)! So glad you had a fun week of celebrating your babes. Really sorry about the pool puke.