Thursday, April 2, 2009

List of Excuses

Don't you hate people who make excuses for their shortcomings? But, isn't it fun to make excuses for yours? Since this is my blog and I'll cry if I want to, here are my excuses for why I haven't had a post up in a long time.
You can also read these excuses as why I haven't fed you, cleaned up after you, returned your call, put your birthday card in the mail (it's coming Scott - Ben took care of it), or picked up the pile of clothes next to my bed ---- depending on who you are in my life, you will probably find one of these to be relevant.
  • Surprise! We're headed to Chicago. Last week, we got news that a dear uncle of Ben's was most likely in his final stages of a battle with cancer. We wanted to make sure we got to see him one more time, got to soak in his stories and sense of humor. That's a post for another day, but suffice it to say that a quickie road trip to Chicago with two kids is enough to set family routines back by about a week or two.
  • Reading is supposed to be good for you, right? I started a book. A 400-page novel that sucked me in and wouldn't let me go, until the point where I would look up and stare at my kids, like "Who are you and What do you want from me?" I finally finished it last night.
  • Creative Block. This hits me hard. I've had a few projects to work on, and I can't make any of them look right, and I can't think of anything to write, and it's a downward spiral into not wanting to do anything. It doesn't help that I've been reading....reading great writing is a sure-fire way to make you hate your own un-poetic ramblings. Part of it is I want to change the look of this blog and I hate everything I come up with - we'll see what happens.
  • Working Out is hard to do. Okay, I bet for you, you thrive on a quick run, breaking a sweat, feeling the burn. I pretty much hate it. But my recent addiction to baked goods coinciding with T-Bear starting to wean herself (meaning I'm burning less calories just by sitting there and letting her do her thing) has made me terrified I will no longer fit into my self-esteem jeans.
    Do you own a pair of self-esteem jeans? No? This is how you get them.... Go to a teeny-bopper store and try on a pair of jeans until you find some that fit. You will probably want to cry. Then, go to Ann Taylor Loft and find a pair of cute skinny jeans and guaranteed they will be 2 sizes smaller. Instant pick-me-up.

Anyway, back to working out and why it's been such a time-suck. For you, a thirty minute work out might just take 30 minutes. For me, it takes 30 minutes surfing the internet trying to motivate myself. Then, I have to change into my work out clothes. One might think that while walking away the pounds with Leslie, I wouldn't need work out clothes. But, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do for motivation and cute clothes help. Then, it's 30 minutes of exercise, followed by 30 more minutes of panting and the required eating ice cream in front of the tv because I've earned it. That's half my night.
But, I'm back. I'm tackling my day. Watch out Target, here I come!

P.S. Don't read books by Jodi Picoult unless you want to make a lot of people feel ignored for a few days.

2 comments:

Stef said...

It sounds like the book was a hit! I'm glad you liked it. :) I found the Call Center book at the library yesterday! I will hopefully find time to start it soon. I will keep you posted. :)

Christina Marie said...

which book did you read??