Forever ago, I saw this idea about making a family rules canvas. While I'm not big on scrapbook paper or cute and crafty things in my house (I think they're adorable in your houses), I loved the idea of making rules - and I loved some of the rules I saw enough to steal them.
The rest of the rules I unilaterally decreed. I asked Ben's opinion and he wanted a rule about brushing your teeth and bathing every day, which I just think isn't realistic. I know, gross, don't judge.
I'm into typography, and a lot of the new artwork in my house shows that. I just decided to go with a more uniform print, inspired by this one that I saw on etsy. You really don't need to spend $20 on this - you can do it yourself, but if you want to buy one, then there's a lot of options out there.
Here are our (my) rules:
1) Children obey your parents, Parents obey your Father.
2) Nothing that comes out of your body goes into your mouth.
3) Daddy hug Mommy, Mommy take the time to enjoy it.
4) Say you're sorry (and mean it).
5) Don't hit, kick, punch, pinch or otherwise hurt each other.
6) Eat your food, don't throw it.
7) Share each other's happiness - and each other's burdens.
8) No Whining.
9) Give your guests your best.
10) Have a good attitude. When you can't, have a dance party.
11) Always be nice, and always tell the truth.
12) God didn't put you here to be comfortable. He put you here to love His kids and take care of His stuff.
What are your rules?