In all my arrogance, it was time for me to re-learn the basics of mothering - today was a day of remedial lessons in parenting. Here's what I've had to review:
- Four-year-olds are not old enough to babysit.
- No matter how long the baby usually naps, he will wake up as soon as you get in the shower.
- It doesn't matter if you go to Meijer for one thing, if you bring three kids into the grocery store at 5:00 pm, you will spend at least $50.
- We are always almost out of formula...
- ...and I always need to buy more Diet Coke.
- On the days that Daddy has all three kids and you trot off thinking, "Now he'll see what it's really like," all three kids are perfect, nap for 3 hours, and eat their dinner.