Thursday, May 21, 2009

Goodbye

I'll miss you. Some of you are my friends and family, and some of you I don't know at all, but I appreciate you giving me a voice and sharing your voices with me.

I'll be experiencing some very blog-worthy moments, because God seems to love irony, I will experience them all far away from a wi-fi connection.

Shoot.

As you are reading this, I am probably somewhere on the journey, corralling 2 kids and a team of 11 through airports. I will watch the team settle into their seats. They will complain that they don't have leg room, but I will not be sympathetic at all, because they get to read books and watch movies in peace for a whole 15 hours, while I feed my kids a continuous stream of healthful-looking, but probably not very healthy, snacks.

I can confidently predict a few things:

Upon reaching the security line, Simon will freak out. He will refuse to take his shoes off or send his backpack through the "tunnel". Ben will try to force him to do it without looking like a terrorist. I will unsuccessfully plead with my eyes to the security guard to just let him through with his stupid flip-flops on already. Everybody in the line, religious or not, will begin to pray that they don't have to sit anywhere near us. I will begin to pray that I don't have to sit anywhere near us.

Talk to you soon. Have a great few weeks, and don't give up on me - I will be back!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Sus, your humor on here continues to make me smile. So, so sad there will be no Wi-Fi b/c I might need some moments of laughter in the weeks to come. :) Look forward to hearng stories when you return. Love you!

Stef said...

We'll miss you Sus and be praying that your trip goes well! Love you guys!

DrMommy said...

Have a fantastic trip! Don't know if we'll have wi-fi on our drive through the Yukon, but hopefully I'll be blogging!

anymommy said...

Safe travels! I'll look forward to the full story when you return.

Leah Reeves said...

Hello,

We are starting a private adoption from Rwanda. I was wondering what you know about the orphanage you have been approved for, Hands of Hope. I thought most familes have been approved to adopt from an orphange called Home of Hope. I have found info on this orphange, but not the one you mentioned.

Any info you have would be so helpful.

Thanks,

Leah
rwandaadopt@yahoo.com

Natalie said...

I'm so sad we won't be able to live through your on-the-spot moment stories over the next few weeks. Miss you already! Looking forward to your fun stories!

Unknown said...

susie,
come home, i have nothing to laugh at w/o your blog.