Tuesday, March 3, 2009

the sweetest thing

Today, Taly had her "procedure" to remove the block in her tear duct. We were assured it would be fast and simple, and she would be back in our arms in a matter of seconds.

Still, is there any worse feeling than having your baby carried by strangers into another room while you look on helplessly? (Yes, there is, and I know that too well, but this sucked too.)

After I watched them carry her down the hall, I turned to see Simon wiping tiny, silent tears from his eyes.

No temper tantrums. No public scenes of defiance. No screaming. Just his baby tears and "Mommy, why don't we have our sister anymore?"

**********

The patient is home and doing well, if a little clingy. A little trickle of blood out her nose prompted a call to the doctor for reassurance. Hopefully, it's a great sign - now things are trickling out her nose as God designed it, and not backing up out the eye.

Simon complained the whole way home that he "couldn't concentrate" for her screaming, but as she settled down, he declared "I love my sister."

And he does. So well. And it's the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

4 comments:

Ritu said...

Aww...I'm glad Taly's procedure went well. I love reading about your kids. They are so cute!

DrMommy said...

There is nothing sweeter than watching your kids love each other.

We were watching "Beauty & the Beast" Friday night, and at the end where Beast & Gaston are fighting, Lillian must've gotten scared...scooted over and Emma put her arms around her and held her through the whole thing!! I could've cried!!

Stef said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. I am glad Taly is better!

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

Know the feeling! what a sweet big brother!!!