Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Pregnant in India .... Again

It was over two years ago when I was here in Bangalore, 7 weeks pregnant, suffering through morning sickness when I swore I would never do this again! Of course I've learned to never say 'never,' and I'm learning not to make any declarations in the first trimester, when I'm suffering through two and a half months of horridness!

Here I am again, 7 weeks pregnant with baby #2 in Bangalore. The thing is I'd be miserable anywhere, so I'm not faulting India for how I feel, although a nice Ohio May seems pretty good to me right now. BUT, I have to admit, this is the first time I'm REALLY missing home. And, not to sound shallow, but here's what I miss:
chili cheese burritos from taco bell
salad (ceasar, greek, spinach, whatever)
onion rings
broccoli
chips and salsa
chick-fillet
chineese food (the good fake kind, not the kind they actually make here in Asia)
Tropical Smoothie (although Ben's been working wonders with our blender)

With Simon I never had any cravings, and this time I think it's probably way too early for cravings, but I am dreaming about food a lot.

So, that's the way it goes, I guess! Thanks to Steph and Ben for taking care of me! And, Sy is already talking to the baby - way too cute.

No comments: